Yesterday evening I went with $oloterre to the San Francisco Gem and Mineral Society. For XXX-mas, $oloterre got me a membership, I'm super excited to use it! Right away, I realized that my membership is basically akin to free art teachers via co-op. I'm going to be able to do whatever I want in stone- it's been an aspiration for quite a while.
The building is a cool little mystery, it's out of the way, unmarked- one of those buildings that I so often wonder to myself, "what could possibly go on in there?" There's several rooms equipped with many official looking tools, I'm going to have to be careful not to hurt myself. They even have a kitchen and a library. I already have a lot of materials to work with. I've worked with wood before, stones inspire me so much more.
I'm so excited to learn about all the different types of rocks and minerals. I hope I get to go on a dig, so I too can have a hand in the archaeological process. I suppose all I need is a guide and some tools. I have a lot of stones I want to modify, I want to make a stone DG and small stone containers. It seems like I'll be able to make people some pretty sweet presents though sfgms.org! :D
GoodnessGenomics & Cell Recycling
æ ∞ -æ, a hot new concept in cell biology & the emerging lyfe extension industry (an equation based on balance)
1/8/08
sfgms.org
->
€vΘ₤v€
at
1/08/2008 05:14:00 PM
love