When I was younger the days always went by so slowly. When will I be an adult, free to do as I please, and have the power to go wherever I want, whenever I want, I often asked myself.
But now somehow, I woke up in my mid 20s with absolutely nothing to speak of; seriously, where the fuck have my priorities been this whole time? The days go by faster and faster, and time keeps slipping away. I guess I really convinced myself that the possible is impossible, that I am immortal, and have all the time in the world. I mean, it is possible, but now I realize that if I don't do it, then it's never going to get done, because nobody else has this same priority in the forefront of his or her mind.
Everything I've read about time suggests that it really is speeding up in the universe, which doesn't sooth my anxiety over time slipping through my fingers like sand. I've left no legacy, I haven't done anything to help the human race, or pushed the edge and discovered something, or been the first person to do something. There's no point in a life lived without influence, or at least relevance. Postmodern dilemma!
GoodnessGenomics & Cell Recycling
æ ∞ -æ, a hot new concept in cell biology & the emerging lyfe extension industry (an equation based on balance)
5/7/08
time keeps slipping away
->
€vΘ₤v€
at
5/07/2008 08:41:00 PM
Tags: feelings, life extension, time
love