
The first time I was presented with a convincing argument for the genetic basis for homosexuality, I was in AP Biology in high school. Given a choice to pick current areas of inspiring scientific research, I chose the genetic basis of homosexuality. Obviously, the genetic basis opens up the forum for white trash and delusional christians to propose that is it "taken out of the gene pool" but as we approach the 2010s, it seems as though humans are finally starting to act like it's the 1900s instead of the 1600s.
I'm not writing a blog about the Xq28 gene and all the related controversy surrounding that. I think that research even now was a little bit too ahead of its time. Specifically, I am interested in families, and in short, "In 1997, a study led by Ray Blanchard of the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health in Toronto, concluded that having older brothers increases the likelihood of homosexuality in younger brothers."
I would never treat a study like that as an end all theory to anything, but I have observed a trend- all the gay guys I meet are always the baby of the family. But I'm not. I'm the oldest, which means that there's something very rare and special about my genes...
GoodnessGenomics & Cell Recycling
æ ∞ -æ, a hot new concept in cell biology & the emerging lyfe extension industry (an equation based on balance)
4/28/08
gay genes
->
€vΘ₤v€
at
4/28/2008 06:54:00 PM
love